To create a vibrant entrepreneurial community that fosters growth, success and collaboration.
A number of folks in the Comox Valley have started discussing the creation of a larger co-working space/entrepreneur hub within the Downtown Courtenay area. Sign up to receive occasional emails regarding developments, or contact Kelsey or Leif for more details.
Coworking can be described as a style of work that involves a shared working environment and independent activity. In practice, coworking is a collaborative community that provides connectedness and accelerated serendipity.
There are many benefits of coworking spaces:
- You can put pants on in the morning! Get out of your head and your bathrobe and get into a professional working place.
- Network and connect with talented people to grow your business
- Be more motivated & productive
- Separate home from work: leave household distractions like family members, laundry, fridge temptations and TV at home
- Have access to things like unlimited coffee, printing services, meeting rooms, a receptionist, events & workshops, local amenities and more!
The Shed is a local project to create a community service cooperative with a tool library and maker’s space.